Laura at Bugs and Fishes is organising a Christmas project link which I’m taking part in. Today you’ll get my project, and I’ll post a link to everyone else’s projects as soon as possible – to keep you busy!
I decided to make a little embroidered stocking, using lazy daisy stitch to look a bit like snowflakes.
- Stocking template
- Embroidery floss in at least 3 colours
- Small piece of ribbon to hang
- Draw your stocking template on paper. My stocking is around 11cm long and from heel to toe is it 8cm.
- Use your template to draw 2 stockings onto the felt, and cut them out.
- Randomly embroider 2 to 3 lazy daisy’s in each colour. I love lazy daisy stitch as it is one of the first embroidery stitch I remember doing on a mini-sampler table cloth which I was dead proud of! I have taken a picture of the instructions from my grans very old copy of “Weldons Encyclopedia of Needlework.”
- I then filled in the gaps with smaller stitches, to do a bit of a seed stitch effect.
- Finally, sew to two stockings together, and sew the ribbon into place at the top of the stocking.