I was taught how to make these origami stars a couple of years ago, and the person who taught me kindly did a colour coded copy to refer to in the future so I never forget how to do them. Another way to make sure I don’t forget it to blog them! They are really simple to make once you get going.
- 11-12 paper squares in any size. I made a big one out of A4 paper folded into a square, and then used the off-cuts to make mini-stars.
- PVA glue or glue dots.
- Ribbon or string to hang your star.
- Fold a square of paper into quarters as shown below.
- Next, fold each corner point into the middle to make a square shape.
- You then need to make a diamond shape by folding the outer edges of your square into the middle.
- Your diamond should end up looking like this.
- Next, fold over the short triangle of your diamond, as shown below.
- Finally, you need to fold the triangle in half up the middle as shown below.
- You’ll need to make 11-12 of these paper triangles, and they fit together as shown below. There are some little slots on the right angle of the triangle which you can insert the triangle point into. It takes a bit of wiggling and glue to get them to sit in a circle – once you are happy with the shape, leave them to dry for a while, then add some ribbon or string to hang them.
I hope my instructions are followable, but if you have any questions post me a comment and I will do my best to help 🙂