I had a message last night from Tailor Fairy to say that she’d nominated me for a Liebster Award, thank you very much! Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I feel very loved. I’m going to try and fulfil it as best as possible, as I have adapted the rules a bit as I don’t really follow many other blogs. What normally happens is that I stumble across them when I google ideas and start following from there 🙂 Anyway, I haven’t really said much about me, so this is as good excuse as any.
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Link to those nominees, and tell them about it at their blogs.
11 things about me
- I love tea and cake
- I live in Brighton
- I am relatively new to blogging – I started in December 2012
- I think my favourite craft is sewing
- The first thing I remeber sewing was a bright pink square cloth with embroidered lazy daisy flowers on it
- I would love to have a cat but my husband doesn’t like them
- I play goal keeper at netball
- I have recently started playing handball too
- My favourite flowers are daffodils as they make me think of spring, my favourite time of year
- I love buttons and have a collection
- I don’t like getting up in the morning!
Answers to Tailor Fairy’s questions
- If you could do anything, what would be your job? – I love my job as a charity fundraiser, but I would love to do something arty for a living (don’t feel like I am good enough at anything though!)
- If you could move anywhere, where would you go? – A parallel Brighton where it is always warm. I don’t like cold weather and rain.
- favorite food? – Lemon drizzle cake
- favorite color? – RED!
- favorite movie? – Singin in the Rain – I know all the words to dialogue and songs…
- favorite tv-show? – Anything period drama-y, currently Call the Midwife, but Kate Mosse Labyrinth is supposed to be aired soon on tv which I am very excited about.
- favorite pattern/print on clothes? – Spots or stripes
- favorite candy? – Sour cherries
- favorite material to work with? – Nice soft cotton
- favorite toy as a child? – A bunny rabbit called Brian (which I still have…)
- what did you want to do for a while now, but never dared to do? – Get a tattoo, however I don’t know what I would have done and where, so that’s why it hasn’t been done!
Other blogs I like
Pomegrante – I like looking at your jewellery pictures
At number 29 – because I love the house door stops!
Mahoor Jamal – I’ve just stumbled across this blog, and her stuff is AMAZING