I was wondering what else I could make from paper and hit on the idea for these earrings. I have tried to write the instructions down, hopefully them make sense. They are a bit fiddly and messy to make, but they look good!
- 2 x ear wires
- 2 x eye pins
- 2 x 1/2 cm jump rings
- 2 x matching small beads
- 1/2 cm wide paper strips, enough to make a 1m long strip when they are glued together. You will need two 1m strips. Any type of paper can be used, I used patterned scrapping paper.
- pva glue
- paint brush
- Cut out enough 1/2 cm paper strips to make 2 x 1m strips. Fold the strips lengthwise (as shown in the picture) and glue together.
- With a little dab of glue, stick the strips together until they are 1m in length.
- Using a pen to wrap the paper strip around, use liberal amounts of pva to make a flat paper bead (as shown in the picture).
- When you have about 6 inches of paper strip left over, thread your jump ring into place and carry on wrapping the paper strip until it is all finished.
- When you have completed the bead, cover it in lots of glue to seal it. Thread some ribbon or string through the jump ring, and hang it up to dry.
- Thread the eye pins with a bead and finish with a loop. Attach it at each end end to either the ear wire and the jump ring.