To get ready for St Davids Day on 1 March, I spent yesterday (while watching the Wales v Italy rugby match) making myself a huge felt daffodil to wear.
- 1 sheet of yellow felt
- needle and yellow thread
- decorative button for the daffodil centre (I found my amazing orange button in Fabric Land in Brighton)
- brooch back
- Cut out a five petal flower template on paper.
- Use the template to mark out your felt. You’ll need two felt cut outs.
- Pin your two felt flowers together.
- Sew all around the outside of the felt flowers, pulling the thread slightly to ruche it up a bit.
- Now for the fun bit! Just go mad filling in the flower shape with small stitches, trying to make a uniform(ish) pattern.
- Finally, sew your button centre and brooch back securely into place. Et voila, one very patriotic daffodil, ready for St Davids Day!
Next week, I am planning on making welsh cakes, and I will blog my grans very special recipe, so keep coming back to visit! 🙂