I made these bird earrings a while ago, using some beads which I bought on Etsy. I have included the details of how I made them, which can be adapted to make all sorts of different styles.
- 2 x eye pins
- around 12 matching small beads – I used small 4-5mm faceted beads
- 6 x head pins
- 2 x ear wires
- 2 x matching feature beads – in this case the bird beads
- 4 x smaller contrasting beads – mine were 4-5mm faceted beads
- Round nosed and flat nosed pliers
How to make the earrings
- Thread the small beads onto the eye pins – around 6 on each pin, and finish them off with a loop. This tutorial shows you how to make tidy loops.
- On 4 of the head pins, thread the contrasting beads, and finish them off with a loop.
- With the final 2 head pins, thread on your feature beads – the holes in my bird beads were quite large, which is why I used a couple of the small red beads to keep them secure.
- Moving on to your eye pins, open up the eye end of the pin with your pliers, and thread on 1 contrast bead, 1 feature bead and 1 contrast bead. I threaded them on in that order for symmetry. Using the pliers again, you then need to close up the eye securely so that the beads don’t come off.
- Finally, you need to attach the completed eye pins onto your ear wires.
I’ve linked this through to the Sew Chatty “Made with Love” Link Party 🙂